Sunday, September 13, 2009

Saturday September 12th part 2

Okay, so here is what I did the morning of the 12th.
Early in the morning I headed out to the equestrian park in West Jordan to join in on the fun at the Great Basin Fiber Arts Fair. I wait for this day all year. It's the time when I get to have fiber christmas. This year it was sunny and warm, and these three boys tried to stay cool in the shade. They are three Churro rams, . . . .

and their owner makes these wonderful items out of their fleeces. The bags of fiber are the natural color, and the rugs are hand woven on the frame looms that you can see on the bottom left of the picture.
My friend Judy Gunn also had a great selection of colorful fiber to purchase. I have to admit I bought several bundles of her dyed roving. This picture is just a small sample of what she brought to sell.
My other friend Christine, owner of Three Wishes Fiber Arts store located in West Jordan had her tent with all kinds of goodies set up as well.

There where many other friends, and vendors set up, and I did my best to spread my money around. This is the result of my shopping spree.
The above picture gives a little better view of the amount that I bought, but the lower picture shows the colors much better. I plan on having a lot of color in my house this winter when it's snowing and grey and white outside.
This was the surprise purchase of the fair. I start my weaving lessons in two weeks but, I saw this loom with a sign on it that said, "Make an offer". Not knowing what I was looking at or anything else about looms I sought out the counsel of some of my friends that do. They all agreed that it was a good little loom, and in good working order other than it needing a little cleaning and some bolt tightening.
I bought it for a very good price, and brought it home. Here is a picture of the manufacture of the loom. I will be contacting them for an instruction booklet and any other little goodies that I will need for it. I already know that I will need shuttles, hooks, and maybe a new reed. The price was so very good that I have more than enough money left over to easily afford them.
The loom is a 36" wide, four shaft loom. I'm sure I will be able to do whatever I want to with my weaving on this little loom.
It was a great day, and I'm ready for fall and winter to set in.

No comments:

Post a Comment