Saturday, July 2, 2011

2011 Dye Exchange

I have been busy doing a lot of spinning and knitting the last few weeks. Remember the pile of fiber from my spinning guilds dye exchange? Well it is now all spun up and here are the pictures.
If you remember the color for this year was blue, my favorite color. In these pictures I have finished setting the twist, and I'm letting the yarn dry. When I spun the yarn, I mixed up all the different rovings, and randomly pulled out pieces to spin.
Here is a close up of the color changes as it was spun. The yarn is now put up and is ready to work with.
The pattern that I choose to use for this yarn is "The Raglan Sleeve Topper" Its a free pattern from Lion Brand yarns. Here is the back. I really enjoy watching the colors change as I work through the pattern.

I'll keep you updated on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment