Sunday, November 15, 2009

My First Completed Weaving Projects

Before I tell you about my latest adventures in weaving, I wanted to share this little project with you. My daughter has a black and tan Pomeranian named Jack. She collected Jack's undercoat when she would brush him, and brought this small bag of hair for me to spin. I did so and got this really pretty and soft yarn. I have plans for something, but I will tell you about it when I get it finished.
This is my first finished, usable project from my weaving class. I think it turned out quite nice. The warp was a soft black wool fingerling yarn, and the weft was some ugly sock yarn that looked better on the monitor than it did in real life, but it looked much better as a woven scarf. It just goes to show you that even ugly sock yarn can be made into something beautiful, you just have to find the right project. There are some beginner mistakes in this project, and I'm sure they will glare at my teacher when I take it into class, but it's not to bad.

After I finished the above scarf, I decided to try it again while the corrections from the previous scarf were fresh in my head. I'm please to say that this scarf turned out great without any of the mistakes that where in the last scarf.


At the village, the artisans that work there sell their hand made items in the gift shop. I have many different items in the gift shop, and this will be added to the inventory. It is made from a soft wool, so it will be very warm and comfy around someones neck.


No comments:

Post a Comment