Tuesday, August 25, 2009

First Post

This is my first post ever, to my first ever blog.
How did this happen?????
Me with a blog?
Well let me tell you how this whole thing got started.
Today at work Jordan asked me if I had a blog. I told him no, because I really didn't think anyone would want to read what I had to say, but the more I thought about it the better the idea sounded.

I want to share my fiber passion with you, not only what I have learned about the fiber arts in 21 century but also what I have learned from being a spinster in the 1860's. That's right you read correctly a spinster.
During the summer months I work at "This Is The Place Heritage Park" located at the mouth of Emigration Canyon in Salt Lake City Utah. I am the spinster in the village, hence the name of the blog " Pioneerspinster". Now don't jump to conclusions here. I am married, I have two great kids, (both are married) and a standard poodle named Kyra. You might not know this but another definition for a spinster is . . . "a woman's whose occupation is to spin." That's me!!!!

As I write this entry the summer season at the village is coming to a close, but things are still going on at the park. I will be bringing my camera to work with me so I can share pictures of the site where I work, and the tools that I use on a daily basis. I also will be sharing some of the great happenings at the village.

During the months of October thru April most of what I post will be what is happening in my studio at my home, and I will be sharing with you my journey to become a weaver, ( I start my weaving classes on September 26th). Until then I still have a little over a month to post entries about the fun things that happen to me at the village.

Robin

No comments:

Post a Comment