Here is the first one. I did a dye pot last week using Coriopsis flowers. The wool is even brighter than it looks in the picture. I was really surprised by how bright the color was just by using a natural dye plant and citric acid for a mordant.
I wanted to make a fabric that was a common home spun in the 1800's. This is what I came up with. It called Linsey Woolsey. The warp threads are 20/2 linen and the weft is my handspun wool. I dyed the wool as roving and there was variegation to the wool, so I decided to spin it as was and got a very pretty blue variegated thread. When this fabric is finished I hope to make a blouse out of it.
On the other loom I decided to use up some of the handspun wool from last year. So I put on a cotton warp and chose a weft faced pattern to make a shawl. The colors are hard to see in this picture so I'll just tell you that there is grey and then greens dyed from yarrow and dock. I have some yellows that will be added to the fabric as well. So far it seems to be working up fine.
This project in on my loom at home. I wanted to make some more dish towels and see if I could use up some odds and ends of other threads. I remembered this pattern when I took my weaving class so this was how I used it. I really like the pattern, it's any easy treadling, and I can use up my small amounts of warp. I plan on making more of these.
And now for the last of the big projects. About a month ago we had the sheep in the village sheared. I got a call from Lynn at Spinderella's and she let me know that my order was ready. This is Sam's wool all spun up and drying. (I needed to wash out the spinning oils) Bella and Lottie's wool looks much the same. I'm very happy with the results, and I can't wait to start knitting or weaving with these yarns.